This vital position will suit a well-organised and articulate individual with excellent customer service track record and ability to communicate with ease with co-workers and external clients. As the position includes handling calls, requests and enquiries from individual and corporate clients, dealing with logistics and organisational aspects of our business operations, the ideal candidate will have a polite manner, clear and fluent English language skills, good data entry skills and pro-active, resourceful attitude. This is a very dynamic position with a variety of tasks that are essential to the business operations of Mind Project and therefore the perfect candidate will be an all-rounder with some customer-facing experience (e.g. in a similar office environment or retail), basic marketing and social-media skills (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook). As you will be closely working with our director, data scientists and external researchers, candidates with experience in academic or R&D environments are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note that this position may require national and international travel.
– Excellent communication skills with fluent/clear English language,
– Friendly, polite and organised telephone and face-to-face manner,
– Great organisational skills, tidiness, high work ethics and resourcefulness,
– Data entry skills – e.g. registering new clients, basic bookkeeping (e.g. recording expenses and cashflow),
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook,
– Basic social-media and marketing skills – updating Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn accounts, preparing newsletters,
– Ability to use price comparison and travel websites to prepare cost-effective business travel plans including flights and hotel accommodation,
– Well-organised self-starter with can-do, resourceful attitude,
– Good knowledge of another European language: German or French preferred,
– Ability to travel nationally and internationally,
– Clean and valid Barring and Disclosure of Scotland (DBS, former Criminal Record Bureau check) certificate – a successful candidate who does not possess a valid DBS certificate will be provided with a conditional offer of employment only. Mind Project will cover the cost of this certificate for a successful candidate.
– Experience in event management or similar role,
– Basic bookkeeping skills e.g. receipts and cashflow management, invoicing etc.,
– Interest in data science, Big Data, artificial intelligence or similar fields,
– Office administration experience.
– to maintain a professional and polite communication with individual and corporate clients at all stages of research and business co-operation,
– to manage, co-ordinate and supervise open-to-public training courses, seminars, workshops and other events (may include evening hours or weekends),
– updating Mind Project social media streams, blog and newsletter publication in co-operation with other Mind Project team members,
– preparing service quotations and client invoicing, basic bookkeeping and recording expenses,
– handling customer requests and enquiries via phone, email and/or in person,
– researching, negotiating and scheduling travel arrangements for Mind Project staff members,
– co-ordinating office administration tasks, managing office administrators and venue bookings,
– completing other tasks necessary for frictionless operations of Mind Project.
– a dynamic position with influence on essential business operations at a boutique, client facing consultancy,
– a competitive salary,
– an opportunity to travel (all expenses paid) both nationally and internationally,
– a possibility to work remotely during specific projects,
– other benefits e.g. free gym membership or local transport ticket.
The interview will consist of two stages:
– a 15-minute informal telephone conversation to assess general communication skills and role suitability of the candidate,
– a 45-minute office-based discussion with the interviewer about specifics of the position.
In order to apply for this position please submit your up-to-date CV and a motivational letter by clicking Apply Now button on this page. Please note that the deadline for applications for this role is 31st of December 2018 with the interviews scheduled for the week commencing 7th of January 2019. The interviews will be held in Birmingham and Colchester (Essex). The successful candidate will be offered employment in the week commencing 21st of January 2019.
Please note that only candidates with valid EU/UK passports and without any residency restrictions may apply for this position. We regret to inform that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this post.
External recruiters and other staffing agencies: please refrain from contacting us regarding this position and do not send us any CVs or speculative applications on behalf of your candidates. Such applications will not be considered.