Have you taught data science/statistics/statistical computing at university level?
Are you an expert in your field (e.g. a PhD researcher/candidate or a post-doc) and want to share you skills and knowledge with our clients?
Have you developed an R/Python library and wish to communicate your work to a wider audience?
Due to our expansion into remote learning, we are seeking talented Data Scientists - Training Course Developers / Educators specialised in data science/business/insurance/health/financial/customer and behaviour analytics. This exciting new position focuses on providing our clients with high-quality and personalised vocational education of data science and statistical computing. Apart from the required educational background and experience in research, data science or statistics, the ideal candidate will be an articulate and well-organised self-starter with a high attention to detail and great communication, presentation and teaching skills. The position will suit an ambitious, high-energy and driven socio-economic researcher (at least MSc or current PhD researcher) or a business/health/insurance/medical sciences etc professional. Depending on your preference you may either develop and publish pre-recorded online training courses through the Mind Project course portal or lead our remote tutor-taught courses presented live to our clients. This opportunity would be ideal for candidates looking for additional flexible income streams, potential to grow their vocational teaching expertise and a part-time job around your current commitments.
- MSc/PhD in Statistics/Mathematics/Data Science/Engineering/Psychology or any other quantitative discipline with extensive data analysis/statistics components,
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the programming languages: R/Python/Java/Scala/C++,
- Expert knowledge in your field (either industry experience, teaching experience or academic expertise e.g. research publications in top-tier journals, post-doc experience or experience in development of software/statistical computing libraries),
- Excellent data wrangling skills, knowledge of best practices in data science and data processing workflows,
- Understanding of data science vocational education industry and interactive content creation,
- Excellent teaching, communication and team working skills,
- Experience in communicating research and science to students/stakeholders/wider scientific and non-scientific audience at different levels of seniority and with varying background,
- Experience in using remote work tools e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Team, Skype etc., and video recording software (e.g. Camtasia, Adobe products),
- Fluent English language,
- Clean and valid Barring and Disclosure of Scotland (DBS, former Criminal Record Bureau check) certificate - a successful candidate who does not possess a valid DBS certificate will be provided with a conditional offer of employment only. Mind Project will cover the cost of this certificate for a successful candidate.
- Experience in teaching/tutoring, public speaking or presenting,
- Experience in remote teaching at university level.
- to develop engaging and interactive contents for Mind Project e-learning data science training courses,
- to collaborate with other employees of Mind Project and staff members of client organisations to develop and implement novel and exciting remote and online data science and statistical computing training courses.
- a salary based on course sales at market competitive rates plus a one-off course completion payment on publication,
- extensive training opportunities (access to selected Mind Project online training courses prepared by other authors),
- a fully-remote, flexible work which you can plan around your other commitments,
- an exciting and challenging role that blends research, theory and applied statistical science with modern data science vocational education and e-learning methods.
The application will consist of two stages:
- your CV and motivational letter with a description (maximum 500 words) and a table of contents for at least one online training course you would like to produce,
- a 15-minute presentation (including a short Q&A session) on the proposed topic of the online training course and a further 30-minute general discussion with the interviewer.
In order to apply for this position please submit your up-to-date CV and a motivational letter along with a description (maximum 500 words) and a table of contents for at least one online training course you would like to produce by clicking Apply Now button on this page. It is preferred that all materials are combined into a single file. Please note that the recruitment for this position is ongoing and the interviews will be scheduled directly with the promising candidates.
As this is a contract-based employment, there are no residency restrictions which apply for this position.
External recruiters and other staffing agencies: please refrain from contacting us regarding this position and do not send us any CVs or speculative applications on behalf of your candidates. Such applications will not be considered.